Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1953 Caribbean boot & top snaps
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Packman34&53
See User information
Can anyone tell me if the '53 Caribbean top boot & top all have the same snaps at the rear of the car & the rear quarters? The 6 that were on my car on the quarters behind the 1/4 windows were lift the dot type snaps but the top had been replaced sometime during its history! If they are regular snaps are sheet metal type screws used in all locations? Thank you!!

Posted on: 2019/8/6 17:53
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Caribbean boot & top snaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Packman34&53 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the '53 Caribbean top boot & top all have the same snaps at the rear of the car & the rear quarters? The 6 that were on my car on the quarters behind the 1/4 windows were lift the dot type snaps but the top had been replaced sometime during its history! If they are regular snaps are sheet metal type screws used in all locations? Thank you!!

I've never seen Lift-The-Dot fasteners used on these boots and Mitchell-Bentley did not use them. Using these types of fasteners means base prongs have to be installed... and the prongs (at least in this case) are far too likely to snag anything and anyone in close proximity. Use smooth cap-snaps.

Posted on: 2019/8/6 20:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved