Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cummins powered Packard!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
A friend of mine has the Blue 52 Packard, One of 3 built, RED WHITE and BLUE,
The owner had someone say "you cant put a diesel in that,,,, Well he did and here it is on a rally course in Washington state.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.woods.564/videos/2639830282717055/

Posted on: 2019/10/30 23:47
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Re: Cummins powered Packard!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Pretty cool. It really takes skill and muscle to handle one of these cars on any type of speedy or race situation. It's fun to imagine the stock car or other racers in the old days fighting the steering and other mechanical systems...I would be interested to know more about the car.

Posted on: 2019/11/2 5:46
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Re: Cummins powered Packard!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
That IS interesting Larry, thanks for posting. As an aside, and a teenie bit off topic, it made me think of my sailing days. Being Canadian, we had no restrictions re going to Cuba. We crossed the Florida Strait from the Keys and cleared into the country with an incredibly protracted and complicated customs process. There are, of course, tons of old 40's & 50's cars still on the road there and I was quite keen on checking them out once when we got there. Turns out, I'd say 80-90% of them have been converted to diesels. It was pretty weird to see a 55 Caddy with a stick in it, clattering away with a diesel power plant. Check the pic.... Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (222.89 KB)
121627_5dbdc1e48c303.jpg 1632X1224 px

Posted on: 2019/11/2 12:51
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved