Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
23 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Side mirror
Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I have this side mirror on my 37 115C coupe. I only have one on the driver's side and I would like to get another for the passenger side or a pair and replace this one. I'm sure this is not a Packard part but I can not seem to find anything similar. Perhaps my Google abilities need work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Attach file:

jpg  (48.45 KB)
199039_5ddb17a5ef821.jpg 640X640 px

jpg  (39.37 KB)
199039_5ddb17b2a8d9d.jpg 640X592 px

jpg  (36.83 KB)
199039_5ddb17bb25a2c.jpg 558X640 px

Posted on: 2019/11/24 18:52
 Top  Print 

Re: Side mirror
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There is a very similar mirror in the classified ads of my Packard / IMPERIAL page linked below that was from either my 1939, one of my 1940s or my 1941 Packard. If nothing better comes along, maybe it will work for you. Use the site's keyword search on mirror which will bring it up.

Posted on: 2019/11/24 19:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
This is similar to the gutter mount mirrors JC Whitney sells. At least I think they still have them, if not Amazon or Ebay might.

Posted on: 2019/11/24 22:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
Go to Bob Drake's web site. There are many mirrors of this type available.

Posted on: 2019/11/25 8:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
Check AMAZON,
Stainless Steel Peep Mirror Side View Mirror 4 in. Right Or Left 1 pc. $11.55
This is just one example, I purchased a set with the ( R ) being convex like the modern mirrors

Posted on: 2019/11/25 15:49
Larry Reber
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Looking at the accessories book for 1937 120 they had a clamp-on.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (24.61 KB)
1003_5ddc47dc556db.jpg 397X389 px

Posted on: 2019/11/25 16:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
Thanks for the info. I was just searching for sideview mirrors. I guess Peep Mirrors is really what I should be looking for. I've seen either Kanter or Merrit has the Packard labeled ones, but they are too rich for my pocket book. My car was a low end model so I'm sure an after market item is more in keeping with what would have been put on it had the original owner decided to put one on.

Posted on: 2019/11/25 17:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Peep mirrors work best when mounted on the top of the door. They work well and the view from the RH side is good. The problem is they will interfere with the vent windows from opening all the way. If this is not a concern, then I recommend them over the traditional clamp-on ones that mount on the front edge of the door. I had a pair of Peep mirrors on my 115C Convertible Coupe and they provided good rearward views, especially from the RH side.

Posted on: 2019/11/29 14:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved