Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1946 Packard Clipper 6
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
1946 Packard 6 4dr sedan....

Attach file:

jpg  (231.68 KB)
80331_5e77ac3536252.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2020/3/22 13:19
 Top  Print 

Re: 1946 Packard Clipper 6
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John(ptv),
for including your '46 Clipper Six Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2020/3/22 15:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
John (ptv), congrats!

Posted on: 2020/3/22 15:32
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Getting a bit ahead of myself I guess, but pulled the rear seat cushions out to get some estimate of how much material I would need. The front seat I figured while still in the car.
I found nice red/maroon color material I like and think would look good with the black car. Also measured up the door panels too.
The car has around 89,000 miles give or take, so I guess a going through of the motor to see what condition it is in is in order.
Brake need a complete do over, luckily the lines are still all intact. So this will make good patterns for bending new lines. I think I'll use the copper/nickel line. Interesting that the lines are 1/4", most newer stuff in usually 3/16".

Posted on: 2020/3/22 16:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Classic Tube has brake line patterns for 1946 Packards on the 120" wheelbase. I'm not sure if that applies to your car or not but they can make them in steel or stainless. They've reproduced quite a number of lines for me and always do a good job. If you opt for stainless, be sure to specify stainless fittings too as it is apparently not the default.

Posted on: 2020/3/22 17:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
It's your car to do with as you see fit, but be aware that inauthentic interiors do decrease the car's value. Pretty sure the car had striped wool broadcloth originally. Especially avoid polyblends which have a shine that is very noticeable. Also, upholstery fabric is a different type than clothing fabric

Posted on: 2020/3/22 18:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
The material I was looking at is an industrial rated cloth.
No seems to have the stripped pattern of the original. SMS had a few samples they sent that were similar but not the same as the original.

Posted on: 2020/3/22 21:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I had thought the front lever shocks might be froze up. But surprise they seem to be working. While coming in tonight I stepped up on the front bumper and started bouncing the car. To my surprise when I stepped off it almost immediately came to a stop... So maybe some good news here. I need to remove the fill plugs and see if there is oil present.

Posted on: 2020/3/23 17:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
On a Junior it would have been tan or gray, not sure if both were offered. Check out the resources on this site - there is a lot of info!

There was a maroon with cream piping interior, but only on the Custom 8, a totally different interior trim.

Posted on: 2020/3/23 18:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
What is left of my material, looks to be 2 shades of beige strips with a blueish green strip.

Posted on: 2020/3/24 7:55
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved