Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
62 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Engine oil recommendations for my 1925 Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Lionel
See User information
I will appreciate information regarding the oil replacement for my 1925 eight-cylinder Packard. Someone told me to use any 20/50w oil but that doesn't sound correct as newer engine oils could cause more harm than good on these old cars.

I appreciate the advice in advance.

Lionel

Posted on: 2020/3/26 13:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Engine oil recommendations for my 1925 Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Less viscous oils offer less resistance to flow, run cooler, and thus circulate more quickly which means they transfer heat better which is particularly important with poured bearings. My choice, assuming your engine is clean internally and in good condition, would be to select a modern major brand single viscosity detergent oil of the viscosity that Packard recommended for the temperatures you expect to encounter. I use CAM-2 or Formula Shell SAE 30 detergent in the not too dissimilar engine in my 1934 Eight.

Posted on: 2020/3/26 14:12
 Top  Print   

Re: Engine oil recommendations for my 1925 Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Lionel
See User information
Thanks Owen!

Posted on: 2020/3/26 18:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved