Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Owner Registry
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
How about all those Packardinfo Forum members who haven't entered their Packard in the Owner registry doing so? Including a photo if possible? It's quite a simple process and even I managed to load a picture!

I know I'll cop some flack for pushing this, as not everyone wants to broadcast or advertise their pride and joy, but so be it! I just want us all to be able to enjoy more Packards.

PS - I see Tom(Packin31) doesn't have the oldest Packard there now.

Posted on: 2007/9/11 4:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Re: Owner Registry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
OZman,

Thanks for pointing that out. I have not check out the registry in a few months. I will update mine stating I no longer have the oldest Packard in the registry. :(

Tom Wilcox,

Can you post some pictures of your interior? Would like to see it since it is original.

Is you car painted Packard Blue?

Thanks

Posted on: 2007/9/12 21:26
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tom,

I check the Registry fairly often and it's only in the last few days that your oldest place spot was usurped!

My '38 was painted a Mercedes Blue about 20 years ago by Peter who restored it then. It was the closest "stock" colour he could find to match Packard Blue. Actually, when I first saw the '38 about 4 months ago just before I bought it, I first thought it was black. Then when Peter moved it out of the garage into the sun I thought it was a purple. I have seen the blue but only under certain lighting conditions and even had someone tell me they thought it was brown! I am calling the colour Aubergine which is french for eggplant as it is descriptive of the purple/black/blue the car is. By the way - because of this I have named the car Abbie-Jean (All cars need a name, since my first Model A back in 1963!). When I was in the US at the end of July I did see Ralph Boyer's '38 Deitrich Convertible Sedan - now that is Packard Blue - A number of photo's of Ralph's car are included in the link below.

I'll take some photo's of the interior of the '38, which was re-upholstered 20 years ago, and post them in the near future.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ozstatman/CarsAlongTheWay24thJulyTo3rdAugust

Posted on: 2007/9/12 22:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Thank you for the link.

Wow he has some nice cars there. I like the '34 Chevy not to radical.

I still am debating on a color for my car Blue, Maroon, or the original Brown/tan color. But I do have some time to make a decision.

Posted on: 2007/9/13 11:13
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

I haven't been online much over the past few weeks, but upon checking in this week, I was very pleased to find that the content of the user-driven Owner Registry has DOUBLED since last spring.

I agree completely with your wish to have everyone add their cars to the Registry, but there shouldn't be any flack from anyone about adding their car(s) to the Registry. Here, each member can be as open or private with it as they like.

(However, I was disappointed to see that one member appears to have come back and stripped out all the info from his entry - except for the year, series, condition, and a picture.)

The only real problem I see is that this thread, like any other, will drop off the radar as it becomes inactive, and newcomers might miss it.

Therefore, I suggest each of us try to welcome newcomers with cars similar to our own and remind them of the Registry. Of course, we don't all have to pounce on everyone who joins; I've seen that kinda of stuff run people off in other venues. One reminder should be enough.

I think the Registry will become quite popular as it continues to grow - another one of those things that will snowball.

Posted on: 2007/9/21 12:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
I'd like to thank all those who responded to my request to include their Packards in the Owner Registry.

Especially Peter Packard who added in his 7 Drivers! I might be a little cheeky Peter but what about the Projects as well?

I intend to revive this post, in say 6 months time, to try and flush some more Packards out of the woods.

Thanks to all again

Posted on: 2007/9/26 22:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
I still am debating on a color for my car Blue, Maroon, or the original Brown/tan color. But I do have some time to make a decision.[/quote]

Tom,

IMHO original colors are always good. But in saying that, it is YOUR car and you have to like and be happy with the color chosen. So whatever color you choose will be fine.

I haven't forgotten the pictures of the interior of my '38 - will try to get to that soon.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 22:16
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
IMHO original colors are always good.
Yes I hear you on that. If you have visited the AACA forum there is dfer there that has a car that has the color my car originally was. It is sure different from what you normally see out there.

Time will tell where I will go with a color.....

Posted on: 2007/9/27 6:38
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tom,

See attached link for pictures of the interior of my '38 Sedan.

Will update Project Blog later today on the progress of my '41 Coupe as it's due to arrive in the next 1 to 2 hours.

Posted on: 2007/9/27 21:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Hi Mal,

Thanks for the updated pictures. That interior sure looks in pretty good shape for being 20 years old. Is it driven often?

Posted on: 2007/9/27 21:58
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved