Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
173 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 170

Don B, 37Blanche, Dennis Miller, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Long Shot Question Re; De-Humiditier.
Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Good mornin' all,

Totally off topic, but car related, are their any air conditioning repairparts people on here as I am looking for a part for a de-humidifier.

The European importer does not have the part and the next shipment is on 'a slow boat from China'!

The de-humiditier in question is built by 'Amcor' an American company and it did a valuable job of keeping my garage free of damp. (In west coast of Ireland it only rains twice a year, first for 6 months and then another brief spell of 6 months)

The model number is Amcor HD3000HT.

The machine is displaying an ERROR CODE 'E2' which I am told is the humidity/temperature sensor.

Its a long shot, but does anyone know of any Amcor distributors in the States, or elsewhere, and be willing to enquire about the part for me?

Slan,

Pat.

Attach file:

jpg  (159.50 KB)
1195_4b093d7f03db9.jpg 1200X800 px

Posted on: 2009/11/22 8:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Long Shot Question Re; De-Humiditier.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"The machine is displaying an ERROR CODE 'E2' which I am told is the humidity/temperature sensor..."

THere are probably wires running to the sensor. OR the sensor is part of a printed circuit control board. IF it is a seperate sensor then maybe post a pic of it.

If it is a seperate sensor then just try bypassing the sensor and control the appliance by trial and error settings.

Most likely the sensor is going to be very expensive and short life ESPECIALY any replacement that is offered.

The problem here is that (based on your above quote) u bought a unit with some computerized DRO with LEDS and alot of other obscure high tec computer type controls on it.

These type of appliances should be avoided like the bubonic plague. The less sophisticated the controls and console panel are the better the appliance will be.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 10:17
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What PV8 said.

All I could find was a users manual from an older site & was no help. The Amcorgroup USA page didn't come up for me but UK (Europe) did. Appears that model must be several years old as it's not listed on their support page. Also the Amcor dealers here that I found doing another search--not that many surprisingly-- seem to be carrying AC units & no mention of humidifiers.

Probably not possible, but if you can, identify the sensor as PV8 mentioned and see if it has any component numbers that might cross at an electronic supply. Allied Electronics lists a hundred plus different humidity & temp sensors. Otherwise, it may have to be the slow boat route.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 10:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How old is the unit???? I'm guessing it's less than 3 years old. Is it a stand-alone unit or built into some other HVAC unit like central air/heat or built into the wall or something like that???

Is it electric or gas fired unit????

Posted on: 2009/11/22 11:00
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
G'day Pat,

Like to you and your Amcor HD3000HT to PackardInfo.I wish you well in your search. And a request, when you get the humidity/temperature sensor you want, could you please include it in the Owner Registry here, together with a pic, any known history, and how you acquired it?

Just kidding guys!

Anyway Pat, I just did a search for a dealer here in Phoenix Arizona and could not find a parts supplier or even a distributor. This is very surprising because they seem to offer air conditioners and where better than Phoenix to sell air conditioners. I know a fellow in the air-conditioning business, I will inquire tomorrow and let you know if he has a source.

Until you find your part, you best get about 1000 of those little packets that come with tools shipped from China to keep your fleet dry.

Best of luck,
Jim

Posted on: 2009/11/22 11:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
I bought it 4 years ago, the sensor, if it was available, I am told is very cheap.

Looking at the dehumidifier, I assume the sensor is located behind the grill, you can see it in the photo, cable tied in place.

If all else fails, I will get my soldering iron out and become an expert....

Thanks for your replies,

Pat.

ps, Recieving little packets of white powder from China could ruin my blemish free record!

Attach file:

jpg  (86.43 KB)
1195_4b0982601e0af.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (100.25 KB)
1195_4b098276e929a.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (23.66 KB)
1195_4b098441ae4e8.jpg 545X421 px

Posted on: 2009/11/22 13:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Those "little packets of white powder" are most likely nothing more than silica gel, and always come in electronics boxes. You can heat them up in the oven for a little bit to dry them out and reuse them.

http://www.chemistryquestion.com/English/Questions/ChemistryInDailyLife/7c_reuse_drying_agents.html

Posted on: 2009/11/22 14:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
39super8 wrote: G'day Pat,
Like to you and your Amcor HD3000HT to PackardInfo.I wish you well in your search. And a request, when you get the humidity/temperature sensor you want, could you please include it in the Owner Registry here, together with a pic, any known history, and how you acquired it?
Just kidding guys! .......Jim

Jim.

I resemble that remark! Good to know it's not forgotten.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 15:11
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Oh, its silica gel!

I thought it was a freebee to help get over the poor quality of some of those tools from China!

Note.

Body double used in the picture to protect my identity (and hide my stupidy).

"Out of the packet should come bliss" - Notzsche

Attach file:

jpg  (22.81 KB)
1195_4b09a2ba4c9ab.jpg 500X332 px

Posted on: 2009/11/22 15:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Pat & Mal,

You guys are great! Pat, I miss seeing you on here less often, your posts and stories are great!

Mal, just a cheeky blast from the past. I hope it is taken in the spirt of fun.

In all seriousness, I wonder if the company that makes these is in China, but distributed by an American company. They seem to be poorly represented here in the U.S.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 16:52
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved