Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

might be buying 37 coupe, need input
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
the price is really really good, but it is about 1400 miles away. :0( so from these crappy pics you guys tell me what you guys think. to mee it looks like a bottom of the line business coupe, 115C. nothing special, but it is cheap. says 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual in ad.

i have asked for more pics.

and fyi...i call dibs on this if you know about it and have not acted on it. thanks for respecting that (although some may not honor that).

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (8.87 KB)
491_4cab3573168f9.jpg 300X212 px

jpg  (8.45 KB)
491_4cab357ad1d45.jpg 225X300 px

jpg  (9.39 KB)
491_4cab3581dc267.jpg 300X225 px

jpg  (8.61 KB)
491_4cab3589d15cd.jpg 300X225 px

Posted on: 2010/10/5 9:27
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: might be buying 37 coupe, need input
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It's missing alot of trim that could get expensive to track down.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 10:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Looks like the roof has had the pleasure of small children jumping up and down on it.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 10:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The third picture down looks as if the car may have had some damage to the roof. It's hard to tell from the picture. If the roof did take a substantial hit (like a tree limb), there could be structural damage to the passenger side door, and windshield area.

It appears to have most of its body parts (at least the drivers side)... but if you have to replace all the chrome/stainless yourself, that could be pretty costly.

More (and better) pictures would sure help.

Do you have a good place to put it while you work on the '55?

On the positive side... It is a '37 Packard coupe with those great lines.

PS I acknowledge your 'first dibs'

Posted on: 2010/10/5 10:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Lots and lots and lots of stuff missing. Does the current owner have any of the trim pieces, the radiator grill, headlight trim, hood trim, bumpers, etc?

Does the engine turn over? Does the transmission shift? Is there a transmission? Any other information on the engine?

Any operational gauges left?

The roof looks caved in. Is the frame straight? Are the rear axles and/or rear springs unbroken?

An absolute ton of body work, and most certainly also wood work.

The entire interior most certainly needs replacement, thought the photos make it hard to tell.

I know this is not the answer you want, but I would pass on this one maybe wait for a more complete car

Tom

Posted on: 2010/10/5 10:17
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If the price it right, I wouldn't pass on it.

What I would do is this:
#1, Drop in a 374 and a manual trans.
#2, Put in a modern rear end, an 8.8" Ford with disc brakes is my current favorite choice.
#3, If there's no chrome, leave it off and fill the holes. Saves money and looks cleaner anyway.
#4, Put a set of Cragars on it

There's more, but you get the gist of it. You save the car, keep in Packard powered, and have a cool-assed hot rod to boot. It's a win-win situation if you ask me!

Posted on: 2010/10/5 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I can agree with Turbopackman on the 'if the price is right' bit. As for the rest... To each his own.

But the price would have to be very, very right.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 11:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
price is 2200 OBO....i was thinking 1500, but then i have to ship it. so add back on another 700-1000 i am guessing.

i haven't even talked to the guy, just email. he is selling it for his dad and he said to call him. but i don't want to waste their time by calling yet. i wanted to get better pics and he just said to call his dad who has no email....so yeah how am i supposed to get more pics. the ad says to ask for more pics, but then he tells me to call his dad.

i don't do good calling people...someone call for me and report back on the thread. i'll sound like an idiot and you guys no more of the correct questions to ask.

here is the link to the ad on craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1983317660.html

thanks for your help guys. i just can't imagine that someone doesn't have one locally to me for around the same price....maybe i am just a cheap person....idk.

oh and my uncle has a storage building....i would move my boat there (him willing, if not put boat in backyard) as that is closer to the lake i go to and then put the 37 in my garage at home next to the 55. 55 will take presidence obviously...but i would do what i could with the 37 over time till the 55 was really close to being done.

and turbo, i understand, but for me it would have to 100% original.

Hank

Posted on: 2010/10/5 11:59
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I can agree with Turbopackman on the 'if the price is right' bit. As for the rest... To each his own.

Quote:
and turbo, i understand, but for me it would have to 100% original.

You guys have no sense of adventure at all.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 12:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
If the price it right, I wouldn't pass on it.

What I would do is this:
#1, Drop in a 374 and a manual trans.
#2, Put in a modern rear end, an 8.8" Ford with disc brakes is my current favorite choice.
#3, If there's no chrome, leave it off and fill the holes. Saves money and looks cleaner anyway.
#4, Put a set of Cragars on it

There's more, but you get the gist of it. You save the car, keep in Packard powered, and have a cool-assed hot rod to boot. It's a win-win situation if you ask me!

Eric, wouldn't this one be an ideal candidate to drop on a '55-'56 Clipper frame and thus have TL, too? You and I discussed that briefly in another, long-ago thread....

Posted on: 2010/10/5 12:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved