Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 97

Miguel Gallego, CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

LET IT SNOW!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
What do you all do to get ready for a snow or ice event in your area? I have plenty of gas available for our generator if and when we lose power. Our propane tank is full (for the heater in our Packard garage too) and I salted the drive. Wife is making chili...

Posted on: 2011/1/31 21:03
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Re: LET IT SNOW!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Whats snow?

Posted on: 2011/1/31 22:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
I haven't seen grass since before Thanksgiving...

Posted on: 2011/1/31 22:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I just make sure there's plenty of wine, smoke and other refreshments on hand. I quit burning wood a few years ago so don't have that to worry about. Use coal oil lamps when the electric goes out. Ex GF usualy shows up after 2 days of power outage because she can't stand staying with her in-laws but always brings plenty of food with her from there. So i don;t have to worry about food for more than 2 days or so. Studded snow tires on the 88 Ranger and that thing will go thru any kind of snow or ice and has done so many times.

I don;t know, basically i just don't worry about it. I've been thru several winter storms, one that lasted over 2 weeks back in '94. Only missed 2 days of work during that period too. No big dealeo to me.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 22:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Skiis waxed and ready to go

Posted on: 2011/1/31 23:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Well, all of our area schools are closed today (probably tomorrow too). It looks like we'll be making up some days in June. I think I'll move some snow and do some tinkering in the "Packard garage." I'm SO glad we insulated and heated the space! The only problem with it is that we try to store too much stuff in there for the winter along with the cars leaving little space to get around. It's a little hard to tune a car with all those flower pots and lawn furniture!

Posted on: 2011/2/1 7:03
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Snow, Sleet, and Ice.

What a pain, and super bowl week as well. Last week we had 70 degrees, now we won't be above freezing until friday.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 9:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Terrible lake effect going on in NEohio too, south more it's all ice, but here it's snow AND ice...20 minutes cleaning the car off, was about to take an angle grinder to the windshield.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 10:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Not sure where Cortland is in NE O. But i used to hang around Seneca Lake, Senecaville, Buffalo, Derwent, Old Warshington ( i think there's "r" in Old Warshington) and the Cambridge area of mid-eastern Ohio back in the 70's and 80's.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 11:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Not sure what happened mother nature forgot to deliver our promised bad weather no complaints from me . My feeling is when they predict bad weather it doesn't show up.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 12:28
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved