Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

advice please
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

joe
See User information
my uncle had a 1955 caribbean convertible and was in the process of restoring it when he passed away 9 months ago.the car had been stripped down to a rolling chassis and was dropped off at a body shop in freehold n.j.to a man named victor decker 2 years prior.the car has since went missing.the car has been reported to the d.m.v.and the new jersey state police as missing.the car i fear is long gone and i have been asked by his wife to sell the parts off.i would like to know what you guys think is the best way to sell them.i have generated a partial list with some prices that i found receipts for.thanks in advance for your help.

joe n

Posted on: 2012/2/13 19:52
 Top  Print   

Re: advice please
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Need to post VIN, VN, engine number, thief proof number from firewall on right directly over the heater boxhe and better info and details about the car so we can keep a look out for it.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 21:19
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear trxhemi:

I know of another 55 Carribean that had a similar fate. It is now just a body shell on a chassis.

Your uncle's car only would have value to someone with another 55 Carribean that was junk. Usually empty shells don't have commercial value. If I were you I might try some detective work around the neighborhood of that body shop. If it wasn't junked you might find it.

There are some people in NJ who might be helpful as well. One operates a used car dealer in Garwood.

Hope this helps

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:14
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

joe
See User information
the vin for the car was 8 55881442.i have been to three locations this guy has moved his shop to in the past 2 years.i even went to the state police hold yard because they told me that when they raided his place for selling stolen goods they impounded allot of partial cars.i also don't have a pic of the firewall i.d.# but the engine # is easy to get.i have the engine in the storage unit with the rest of the parts.i will dig it out tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear trxhemi:

Wow.

Well at least you know where this crumb bum has been. I might try casing the area asking other business owners and telling them your sad story. Sometimes this turns up a response like "go see joe, he worked on all those cars".

People have found lost cars simply by going into barber shops, stores, and what not and telling a sad story. A Bugatti Type 41 Royale turned up that way.

Also, go back to the troopers and ask if any of those partial cars were auctioned. They may have slapped a policie title on your uncle's car and sold it. But I highly doubt they would admit to having made a mistake.

At least you can seal off any loose ends.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 19:00
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

joe
See User information
the worst part is as tom was getting sick he kind of let this matter slide.after he passed away everyone started asking me where the car was. i had only seen it once and that was in freehold.the interior is at an upholstery shop in toms river.the state police never had the vin in their system so according to them they never had the car.i would like to find the car and at least try to finish it.i know that all the parts are here and i also think that their were only 500 made.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.17 KB)
4368_4f3b017d8f523.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/2/14 19:51
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

joe
See User information
just an update the man that had the chassis is now in jail for theft and fraud.although he is not talking the monmouth county prosecutor is getting and executing search warrants on different properties in search of more stolen cars.so mabe with a little luck the shell will turn up.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 13:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved