The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 57

Ozstatman, MJG, Owen_Dyneto, more...

1941 choke question
Home away from home
From Bechtelsville Pa USA
My car has a stromberg aav26 carb when I first got the car the choke was seized up.I freed up the piston in the vacuum part of the choke and it worked for a short time.It stopped working several times and I tried to clean piston and cylinder but it keeps binding up.Maybe the cylinder is to badly damaged. I was wondering what other carbs use that choke?

Posted on: 4/18 1:22:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1941 choke question
Home away from home
From Sacramento, Ca
As you have not had a reply I will try to help. The choke uses vacuum from the engine to pull air into the choke housing for two things to happen: 1-pull on the piston, and 2-move warm air over the spring. The source of the warm air is from the exhaust manifold, a tube runs through the manifold for a heat . If the tube is rusted through or damaged the exhaust gases are allowed to enter the choke housing and cause the problem that you described. To correct the problem the tube must be replaced or whats called a choke stove strapped on to the manifold as a heat sources. I am quite sure this is your problem and must be corrected before replacing the carburetor or choke housing.

Posted on: 4/22 7:15:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
IMG_2625
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.