Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

Packard Don, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 120
Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
Hello, I have a dilemma. Went and looked at a 41 120 motor runs, new brakes, front disc conversion, only missing 1 120 emblem all other chrome and stainless is there interior is toast (not a big deal) the problem is the rockers are bad as well as the trunk, and up into the rear wheel arches also rear wheel wells are bad. is this worth saving? The car is on seattle craigslist listed for $ got him down to $2100. Does any know of a good donor body just in case I decide to pull the trigger. It would probally be easier to swap everything on to another body.

Posted on: 2019/9/28 13:19
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama parts car- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 120
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
I've seen this car as well on Craigslist and had the guy send me some pictures. The motor was running before he got it, but he hasn't run it since due to needing to replace the wiring harness, gas tank, and fuel pump.

The interior looks like some rodents tore the place apart. I don't anything about restoring upholstery so I'm not sure how difficult or expensive that would be.

The biggest concern for me would be the rust in the trunk. It's really bad....most of the outer edge of the trunk floor is completely gone all the way around to the wheel wells. There are huge holes all over the trunk. I don't know if the floor pans would be the same. Are there any replacement trunk floors available, or would a repair like that be a complete fabrication job?

I initially was excited about checking out this car, but I'm worried that this one would be way out of my league.

Posted on: 2019/11/9 20:35
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved