Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'37 115C, bad master cylinder?
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
I posted this over on FB as well, but seems like I have an issue with my master cylinder.

I recently rebuilt the front end, replaced the rear wheel cylinders, and rebuilt the front cylinders on my 115. The master cylinder didn't seem to have any issues, so I didn't rebuild it.

I've bled the holy heck out of the system, and do not seem to have any air in the lines, but the pedal is still extremely soft and stops moving about an inch and a half above the floor--haven't had it on the road obviously, winter not withstanding.

Ideas?

I'll probably tear into it over the weekend.

Posted on: 2020/2/6 21:45
 Top  Print 

Re: '37 115C, bad master cylinder?
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
So one thing I'm finding is that the eccentrics didn't stay put when tightened down. I might be taking things apart if this happens again. 3 out of 4 of the eccentrics weren't tightened into the positions that they were when i finished the first adjustment.

Another tidbit, when I did the first adjustment, it appeared that the RR parking brake cable had been replaced over time, as it did not match the left side. It was also about 1" short, and instead of a clevis pin, a previous owner had connected the too-short cable clevis to the bracket with bailing wire.

I'm finding all kinds of stuff like that on this car....

I bought a section of threaded sleeve, 5/16" x 24 and a piece of all thread, and made an extension. Worked like a charm.

Posted on: 2020/2/8 17:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Isn't it great to find previous "repairs" that people have done? I'm not always fast, and I make my share of mistakes, but I try to do things as right as possible, even if it means more time off the road. Good luck getting it all sorted! Should be a nice driver once you're done.

Posted on: 2020/5/6 9:47
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I really don't know anything about your 37 but I'm assuming it uses hoses also. They do go bad will cause strange problems at times. Just throwing that out there.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/6/2 8:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Those were all in decent shape from a prior restoration. Working on my 'needs everything' '40 110 now, and the system was a different story.

Posted on: 2020/6/3 21:30
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved