Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Did Roger Ailes's father work at the Packard plant in Warren, OH/
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Did the father of the late Roger Ailes (of Fox News fame) work at the Packard plant in Warren, OH?

In episode three of series "The Loudest Voice in the Room," Ailes is giving a speech to the townspeople of Warren, OH, in which he says his father worked at the Packard plant.

Knowing Ailes' history of "re-shaping" information to appeal to an audience, I was wondering if it was true his father worked at Packard.

Posted on: 2020/2/23 19:44
 Top  Print 

Re: Did Roger Ailes's father work at the Packard plant in Warren, OH/
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There has been a serious project underway for some years to try to gather the names of as many Packard employees as possible, using sources such as old office telephone iists, payroll records, and the like. The ultimate resting place of this work will be the Packard Proving Grounds; you might inquire if a query of the data is possible at this time.

I'm in occasional contact with a researcher on this project, I'll ask him what info he may have.

Posted on: 2020/2/23 20:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No info found. If he worked for Packard in Warren, perhaps it was for Packard Electric which is not included in the current study which is focused solely on the automotive side of the Packard brothers' businesses.

Posted on: 2020/2/24 11:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the auto manufacturing went out of Warren in 1903 to Detroit. I don't think Ailes father would be of the right vintage for that. Based on, R. Ailes was in his 80s when he passed. Est. Born '30s, w/ father in 30s, put him born in >'00. Talk about child labor?
Packard Electric was sold to/taken over by GM in '32, so more likely there.
Another place to call is the Packard Museum in Warren but not sure if they keep this level detail. Employee records are usually confidential, so not too available.
The Warren Tribune is the local paper, but it's a shell of former self/taken over, so not sure they would have early copy to search. A library search may turn up copy, but a lack of evidence is not exclusionary. Depends if his old man was "notorious" or not to get in the news.

Posted on: 2020/2/27 9:09
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Phil Bourekas
See User information
Robert Eugene Ailes worked for Packard Electric in Warren OH for about 30 years, retiring in 1969.

Source: I am his grandson.

Posted on: 2022/1/24 16:16
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved