Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
50 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 46

bazou37, Ozstatman, Rscott77x, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

533 steering wheel removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
I am looking for guidance on removing my steering wheel. I need to either clean or tighten one of the light switches on the steering wheel and cannot figure out where to start.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Gar

Posted on: 2020/3/29 18:33
 Top  Print   

Re: 533 steering wheel removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
You don't have to remove the steering wheel. The horn wire that comes through the switch rods needs to be disconnected. The light switch at the bottom of the column comes off. The switch interlocking contacts come off after unbolting the switch housing. The throttle gear is then taken off, a pinch bolt holds the switch lever assembly in place and the unit then slides out the top of the column.

On closed cars the steering column may need to be unbolted and lowered. Cover the upholstery to prevent soiling.

Posted on: 2020/3/30 6:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Hi - Do you have a PIC where to start?

Posted on: 2020/4/9 9:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The switch and control levers and tubes didn't vary much over the years; there are some good informative illustrations in the 1933-1934 Parts List which is available on line on this site. Take a good, long look at the switch on the base of the steering column and the disassembly and assembly should become quite apparent with the help of the parts list illustrations.

Posted on: 2020/4/9 13:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved