Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
52 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 51

chevyboy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Horn Wire Colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
The restorer emailed me and was curious as to what color i wanted the wires coming out of the horns going to the relay, he said they look brown........when i look at the prints i have they are black......which is correct??

Posted on: 2020/4/1 11:51
Pat and Melanie Westerkamp

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 Horn Wire Colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'm pretty sure they're black.

Posted on: 2020/4/1 16:48
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Agree. I have never seen anything but black from the horns to the relay but back in that era with the old fabric wire I suppose there could have been something different. The only brown wire noted is the wire from the horn button to the relay. Question for the restorer is where is he seeing what looks like a brown color. If it is from an exposed place then probably black that has faded or changed over the years from heat, light, old age, unstable dye or some chemical getting on it but if he is seeing brown wire in a protected place such as under the horn cover or possibly under the rubber insulator tubing that was typically placed at the terminal end then chances are it was brown.

Posted on: 2020/4/1 17:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
My 1940 Super 8 wiring guide shows Brown for the wire from the starter to the horn. (For some reason my arrived green).

Posted on: 2020/4/1 18:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved