Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring Diagrams - A/C & Radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to direct me to wiring diagrams for a couple areas of these vehicles:

The car is a 56 Patrician and originally is an A/C car but was missing a couple related pieces to the A/C system when I brought it into the garage. Now I have not been able to find a wiring diagram that shows how this is to be wired up. The 55-56 A/C install posted on this site has a small diagram showing where the wires on the switch go, but the car has some type of relay that I was not able to find how that works with everything else on the system. So does anyone have a wiring diagram for this system?

I have no idea what radio this car came with originally, but it had a 50's-60's style Mopar radio installed with a different speaker. The car still retains its speaker knob, power antenna switch and I was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram on how the "wonder bar" radio would be wired with both speakers (this car does have the rear seat speaker) and speaker switch? I have an original radio in another dash I would use. I would get that radio updated with modern internal guts to give me FM/AM and an AUX input, but I wanted to see how everything originally work to hopefully incorporate that speaker switch.

I was not able to find the areas in the service manuals that show the wiring for these areas.

thank you

Posted on: 2020/5/4 9:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Wiring Diagrams - A/C & Radio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is the AC schematic. I don't remember where it came from but it is one of the better drawn ones out there.

On the radio rear speaker, a Patrician would have most likely had the Wonderbar signal seeking radio with 5 presettable push buttons. The rear speaker was optional on most models but could have come factory installed on a Patrician.

There is no install instructions in the 55-6 manual but there are some in the 51-4 accessories section of that SM. The 55-6 wiring and installation is almost identical to the instructions given in the 51-4 service manual and here is that schematic. The only difference is the physical location of the fader switch on the 55-6 dash and a different location on the radio to remove the wire from the existing speaker, connect the fader switch in its place and reroute output to the fader switch and then for the fader switch front speaker wire to plug back into the speaker. In 55-6 the connection is somewhat hidden on the back of the audio transformer in the power supply portion of the radio. The photo is positioned as the unit sits in the dash and shows where the connection is located. The senior cars had thin vertical lines and a brushed finish for a more refined look to the pushbuttons and Wonderfar while Clippers had mostly smooth chrome.

Attach file:

jpg  (111.79 KB)
209_5eb02f71b9727.jpg 1224X1585 px

jpg  (43.51 KB)
209_5eb02ff7653be.jpg 1110X638 px

jpeg  (91.05 KB)
209_5eb030cde6d69.jpeg 695X1280 px

jpeg  (70.12 KB)
209_5eb0321504612.jpeg 1280X463 px

Posted on: 2020/5/4 10:12
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved