Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

bertus cardinaal, westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I get the question "How do I post in the forums?" quiet often in emails sent to me. So I though I would put together a quick 'How To' to help those folks along.

Create a New Topic

1) Make sure you are logged into the website with your username and password.

2) Click on the Packard Forums link on the Main Menu on the left side of the screen.

3) That will bring you to the list of Forums. Click on a Forum you wish to enter.

4) Once you are in that Forum, you can click on the NEW TOPIC button on the upper-right hand side of the screen to start a new topic.

5) Fill out the Subject box of the topic, and then you can enter in what you want to post in the Message area.

6) If you want to attach a picture, you can select "Choose File" select the picture off of your computer, and then click the "Upload" button. You can repeat this as many times as you want for as many pictures as you would like to attach. (similar to sending email)

7) Click on the Submit button to 'post' your newly created Topic thread to the chosen Forum.

Replying to an existing Topic

1) Make sure you are logged into the website with your username and password.

2) Click on the Packard Forums link on the Main Menu on the left side of the screen.

3) That will bring you to the list of Forums. Click on a Forum you wish to enter.

4) Click on a Topic thread you wish to reply to.

5) Once you are in that Topic thread, you can click on the REPLY button on the upper-right hand side of the screen.

6) The Subject box will already be filled out, so just skip that. You can enter in what you want to post in the Message area.

7) If you want to attach a picture, you can select "Choose File" select the picture off of your computer, and then click the "Upload" button. You can repeat this as many times as you want for as many pictures as you would like to attach. (similar to sending email)

8) Click on the Submit button to 'post' your reply to the chosen Topic thread.

As you can see it's pretty straight forward to post in the forums, and is not that much different that using email. I hope this helps.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 13:00
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved