Re: JD's 1941 180 Limousine

Posted by JD in KC On 2010/11/17 0:08:48
While I was waiting for the primer to dry on the window hydraulic fluid holding tank, I decided to see if there was any way to test the window regulator solenoids. The driver door window solenoid had been removed and I thought I remembered seeing it in a box along with a spare starter motor and some other stuff that was in the trunk of the car when I got it. I found the box on a shelf and started removing the contents. I was amazed at what I found. The starter motor turned out to be another Electro-Hydraulic window pump. There were four correct window cylinders, two other window cylinders from I know not what, two regulator solenoids, 1 complete up/down 'starter' solenoid relay set with two spare solenoids, and enough correct window switches to do two Packards. The pump turned out to be the one that originally came with the car... in worse shape than the one I just cleaned up, but I did get the motor part running. The pump part is still mired in rust with the gears stuck.

It appears the prior owner had purchased the entire electro-hydraulic system off of another Packard for parts. I just hope I have better luck with it than he did.

Here's my unexpected treasure trove:

Attach file:

jpg  (9.66 KB)
188_4ce3631f406d7.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (12.17 KB)
188_4ce36333df902.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (8.44 KB)
188_4ce363600e190.jpg 360X270 px

This Post was from: