Re: ZIS 110

Posted by acolds on 2008/6/8 16:02:01
Think the thing with a handle attached to oil pump is oil filter remember seeing a Cono or Kumo not sure of spelling used on older cars oil passed thru set of thin steel discs to clean oil you turned the T handles which turned plates which were wiped by similar set inside the housing this type of filter was used on oil systems on late 30 early 40 cars remember seeing picture of same in old motors manual that my fatheer had also he had one of those filters on a Studebaker he had after WW2 can't remember the spelling but do remember helping take filter apart and cleaningn Normal cleaning only required a few turns of the T handle on top of filter. Will look for manual and pictures later

This Post was from: