Re: Body Mounts

Posted by 53 Cavalier On 2024/3/2 13:17:36
Thanks Howard!

I have been going through the parts books and going cross eyed trying to figure out what size rubbers, bolts, etc. I need for my car. I'm afraid I'm not a very good parts guy! When I go to the illustrations to find the part numbers I can't find the body mounts, but I can find EVERYTHING else.

Mine do have steel cores and I believe a thick and thin one.

I'm doing some floor pan repairs and while I'm under there I want to replace the rubbers and bolts to ensure they are all secure and to ensure the body is sitting correct on the frame so as I do floor pan repairs and any other body work I'm starting from a good foundation.

On page 331 of the parts manual I can find the "body to frame bolt rubber" there are inners and outers, which makes sense, thin and thick but can't find dimensions like they give for some other models. There there are ones for "No. 2,3,4,5", for example, which I assume are positions, but can't find something that indicates which point is which number. Working on my Cavalier 2672

I'm sure this is all clear, when you know what you're looking for and where to look.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Attach file:

jpg  body to frame bolt rubber.jpg (163.48 KB)
226104_65e36ccc39f02.jpg 995X590 px

This Post was from: