Re: Ignorant Shocking Question

Posted by Owen_Dyneto On 2009/7/30 13:59:29
On the two standard shocks, you can almost do as you suggest, but you need to measure the maximum extended length and the minumum compressed length. Those measurements plus the nature of mounting, top and bottom, will enable a willing parts guy to find a modern equivalent or perhaps several of different ride/load characteristics, and they should be pretty easy to find.

The transverse shock, if no longer functioning, may require rebuilding by someone like Apple Hydraulics or Five Points though you might first check the manual or the unit itself and see if it is refillable - if so and it needs refilling and doesn't leak profusely, you might get off cheap.

This Post was from: