Posted by Joe Santana on 2021/2/23 10:59:27
That's a big question. I am not a mechanic, but here are some basics.
1. Assuming the available engines are Packard engines, what year is each and how many cubic inches is each? Assuming 1940 - 1954, at least, new parts are available for all these 8 cyl. engines.
2. Does it run?
3. How many miles are on each engine?
4. Any water drops on the oil stick?
5. Clean around each spark plug, remove it and note its condition for each cylinder…oil, carbon, ash?
6. Does the engine turn over? With all the plugs removed, do and note a compression or air leak from a leak-down test on each cylinder.
This Post was from: https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=230658