Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
52 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 50

TxGoat, Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 Model 110, Seat belts
Just popping in
Just popping in

Gator970
See User information
I am going to put seat belts in my 110 touriing sedan.

I was consideing putting in 3 point shoulder restraints instead of just a lap belt. Has anyone done this in a 1940?

Attach file:

jpg  20240628_145525_resized.jpg (1,293.10 KB)
226961_6692b6b64df35.jpg 1512X2016 px

Posted on: 7/13 12:17
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Model 110, Seat belts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Cannot answer as to if anyone has done it but a concern if I were adding a shoulder restraint on that body would be the size or narrowness of the pillar and can its interior space be accessed to get a decent sized reinforcing plate behind the thin sheetmetal box structure for an anchor bolt to thread into.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 7/13 12:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Model 110, Seat belts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve had at least three 1940 110s but never put seat belts in any of them. That said, whatever you come up with, they will be as strong as the weakest attaching point.

I like the Plymouth wheel covers! One of my 1940s had Nash wheel covers for a while until I found NOS stock one to put on. I no longer own it but the last I saw it on Facebook Marketplace still had them - and the same JC Whitney tires - that I put on it in the ‘60s were still on it.

Posted on: 7/13 12:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved