Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Parts List
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
Went to NAPA this morning and they wanted just over $48.00 each. Yikes! Still cheaper to buy them here and not have to pay shipping and customs. I also checked with Carquest. Numbers are as follow:
Frt Lft EW155998
Frt Rt EW155999
R left EW74995
RR EW74996
The adapter was about $5.00. Front are about $37.00 each and the rears are about $13.00 each. Please note that these are Canadian funds. So I ordered the front ones. They had the rear on the shelf.

Posted on: 2012/11/13 10:43
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
Hey guys. I picked up my wheel cylinders from Carquest, but didn't have time to put them in until now. They are a different part number again, but I didn't want to post until I had made sure they would fit. So, to that end, these are Wagner numbers. If you check my post from Nov. 12/12 you'll see that Federal Mogul couldn't cross the original casting numbers. Go figure.
Here's another set of numbers to use to get front wheel cylinders, which I assume will fit 48 -50. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Front left - WC14493 box also showed F14493
Front rt - WC14494 " " " F14494

Hope this is a help to others.

Posted on: 2012/11/24 15:18
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
For future reference what u need to find out is what OTHER cars or lite trucks these wheel cylinders fit. That way if part numbers change again u know what vehicle to go in and ask for.

e.g. Suppose the rear wheel cylinders also fit a 92 ford truck (maybe many others) . Maybe the fronts also fit a 82 Dodge truck. Next time u need the wheel cylinders u thus become independent of parts books that may NOLONGER have obsolete vehicles listed.

Some of the discount autostore websites have a "what else does it fit" feature. Nappa, Advanceautoparts, AutoZone o'reillies. Can't remeber which one but it is one of those. Also eBay has a similar feature.

Knowing "what else does it fit" is critical importance for attending swap meets and even garage sales. Some Ford fancier mite show up at an autojumble with some parts. He can tell u what FORD it fits but has no idea about other applications. If YOU know then u can stock pile parts at dirt cheap prices. This is typically what the vendors do and they have done it or decades.

About the only exception i know of is spark plugs. Do NOT try to do it with spark plugs unless u know what u're doing . If it is not an AC spark plug then NOONE knows what they are doing not even the original manufacturer if they were standing rite there with all of their books in their hand from the last 80 years.

Posted on: 2012/11/24 16:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
LF Napa 7536, RF 7537. (1 1/8")

LR 9025, RR 9026 (1")

rears will each need a tube adapter, NAPA 7828 to mate to the 1/4" brake tubing.

Along the lines of the above info does anyone have Napa information or numbers that will replace the 20-21st series senior Clipper cylinders? 1" front and 15/16" rear

Posted on: 2012/12/11 16:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved