Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
266 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 265

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Halogen lamps
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Tom, nice to see you back. Stopped by C's a couple of weeks ago and Mike gave my son and I a nice update on the '30.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2012/12/2 15:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim McDermaid
See User information
What is the current draw of the Halogen vs. old school lamps in a 6 volt car?

I have been working on my 6 volt generator system and at 45 Amps and 6 Volts you have 270 Watts of power to run your stuff. I still have my tube radio in operation.

I know in the model T Ford world the guys were always on about installing the higher candle power headlight bulbs noting the original generator (6 volt) is good for about 80 Watts. The brighter lamps took more power than that.

I like to not over tax the charging system.

Jim

Posted on: 2012/12/4 19:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Specs say the seal beam headlight bulbs used 51-54 are 35/45 watts. Using 45 on high beam that works out to about 7.5 amps per bulb at 6v. I notice the specs on halogens differ slightly by brand so draw would depend on whose you use.

Posted on: 2012/12/4 20:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved