Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 135

Don B, Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: CORN AND GAS THE EARLY YEARS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
During the 1960s I recall that certain cars, such as Volvo and Mercedes Benz, tended to have a particular problem with vapor locking, especially during the hot summer months. I worked pumping gas in a service station in San Marino, Calif. as a teenager then and we could not figure out what the problem was with those cars. Personally, I never had a problem with vapor lock in my 1960 Ford Sunliner, but then my car always took premium gas, which it consumed like a drunk on a binge. I used premium gas in my 1955 Clipper (with the 352 V8), along with a bottle of lead substitute when I fill up my tank. Seems to run real smooth that way.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 9:12
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved