Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
245 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 245

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: climate controlled storage
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I would say around 40% - completely unscientific number though.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 15:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
@bumble:
Nice idea about the car in the living room.
I really like my cars but I love my wife!!!

Posted on: 2013/4/9 19:54
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
In all seriousness, I keep my Clipper in a closed garage with a high-quality car cover on it. I generally don't drive it in the rain, but sometimes when I'm out I don't have a choice. I never drive it on the streets during winter for fear of salt. I try to keep it washed and waxed as much as is practicable. I guess the bottom line is, if you have an antique car that you drive on a regular basis, there is only so much you can do to protect it. After all, even with the best of care your car is subject to UV rays, bird crap, rocks kicked up by cars in front of you, rain, stupid people doing stupid things that end up involving your car, etc. It's kind of a crap shoot (no pun intended) whenever you take your car out; but I have too much fun with it on the road than to keep it in a hermetically sealed environment. If that is what someone wants for their car, he might as well just donate it to a museum ... that way the car stays pristine and undriven, and other folks can walk by it and say: "Oooo! Awwww!"

Posted on: 2013/4/10 7:29
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Well I like to drive mine as well but I know how harsh the environment is out here when I'm not driving it. 2 days ago it was 86 degrees and this morning it 19 with a wind chill around 1 degree! It can pretty extreme here.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 8:55
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
One very simple thing you can do for any garaged collector car is to put a small fan under it, constantly on, moving the air beneth the car. Moisture is the enemy, if you keep the air moving under the car you are reducing the ability of moist air to gather where it wants to be.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 9:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Mr. Pushbutton:

That is a good idea! I would never have thought of that! And it is not only doable, but it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, especially since I am saving to do some work on the car in the future. Thank you.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 18:04
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved