Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 221

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Kanter Automtive open house
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I went back and dug out the article about the car, it's in The Packard Cormorant, Spring 1977. My error, it's a 1952, in fact its 2552-3051. It is NOT a stock 1952 color, the paint code is "R" which was used for some years to designate a special order paint; trim code is also "R" for a special interior which was supplied by the Burton-Dixie Corp. of Detroit. The article also mentions the trunk is carpeted. Quite the curiosity!

PS - just heard a bit more from Kanters about the car. It was indeed a show car for the 1952 Chicago Car Show and subsequent show car circuit along with a (similarly done?) convertible. I'm awaiting a picture of it at the time it was shown. If you look closely you may be able to see that the dashboard was leather covered. One other curiosity Fred noted, the engine was Packard green, not gray.

Posted on: 2014/2/18 17:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Photo courtesy of Stuart Blond of the 52 "furry" Patrician at the Chicago Auto Show. The model seems to be about the same vintage as Packard's clientele of the time.

Attach file:

jpg  (142.65 KB)
177_5304bf3991de1.jpg 1280X1029 px

Posted on: 2014/2/19 9:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
In photo 056 there is a crankshaft with connecting rods laying on its side on a shelf. Hate to see that. The Furry Patrician is interesting, but probably not for everyone. Neat to see the large parts department. Thanks.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/2/19 12:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JW, I saw that as well, not a good practice. In another photo that I didn't post this time there are a dozen or more crankshafts properly stored on end.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 14:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Well I would date her!The model standing next to the 1952 Patrician.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 19:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved