Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Price advice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Thanks Richie! It is very original, I'll post an interior shot too. I love my car and she loves to drive on the highway!! I go for long drives at night and the pleasure I get is priceless!

Attach file:

jpg  (41.95 KB)
2923_5328fda47fb00.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
One other...

Attach file:

jpg  (43.74 KB)
2923_5328fe699f972.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
MrBumble, you have some good thoughts, thank you. The owner I'm talking with says it is all original never been restored. The interior is really very very nice, at least in the pics. It definitely needs paint. Not sure about the mechanicals. If it wasn't 950 miles away I'd go drive it. Again, thanks. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
One last that shows my tissue dispenser!!

Attach file:

jpg  (35.81 KB)
2923_5329013a51e29.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
What a car Paul, I see why you love it. That is beautiful. !! Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thanks BigBadBernard, I looked at that link along with the others and think I have a good idea now. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Beautiful vehicle Paul.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Dave, all of what you said makes good sense. The owner started off at $16,000.00 last November, but has come down since then. Looking at the price links I now have a better idea and we'll see what happens from here. Thanks Dave. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Hi Ritchie,

I think that's a great car to look at buying. Not sure about the car you are looking at but I went through this a year ago and I can share some of my observations.

I found 2 49 Touring sedans for sale about a year ago. For me the key was three things. 1) look for a good interior, that is the most expensive part to get done, 2) try to get a decent paint job, the next most expensive part. If one and two look good try to get the nicest mechanical one you can get.

Click to see original Image in a new window

This one was for sale for $12,000 slashed to $6,000 after a year. I went and looked at it and I know I could have gotten it for $4,500.

It was painted and had the interior done and then sat in a museum in MD for 10 years

The interior and paint weren't perfect but they looked pretty good...good enough for me for a driver

This one came out of Virginia and ended up for sale in PA. I think it was around $6,000. I didn't see this one but pics indicated it was a little nicer than the one above. I'll bet I could have gotten it for $4,500

cont...

Posted on: 2014/3/19 15:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information

I also found this 48 Club Sedan. It was listed on CL for $10,000. It hadn't run in 10 years but it had paint on it and no rust

The interior had been redone years earlier, not correctly, but a vast improvement over my previous fixer uppers

I ended up getting it for $3,200, I almost felt bad he took my low ball offer. I put another $6,800 into getting it on the road, new tires, new exhaust and 3 days of labor redoing an improperly redone gas tank. That killed the budget.

I even sourced a hard to find part from a fellow forum member

Here's how it looks all cleaned up. It's amazing how much difference having the correct size tires make it look

Even the paint job cleaned up to make it presentable. Notice the paint scratch on the left front fender. Not one person has noticed it on my weekly runs to the Snack Shack.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M7QV3gqRMZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It is now one of my favorite cars to drive. I enjoying driving it because it is smaller than my Patrician and easier to handle.

If I were going to spend the price your guy quoted you, I would look for something like this one :

Packard Club Coupe for sale
It's for sale about a hundred miles from me. But, I would go look at it for you, if you want.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 15:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved