Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Loss of Interest due to economy?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I do 'feel' rich when I drive my Packard and with such friends as I have here on PI.

The trip to Laughlin is two-fold for me. To meet with all of you and to let my brother finally drive my '56 Executive. We just lost our mother and we have such great memories in her '56 Executive. Mine is paint code BA and hers was code DA, that's the only difference.

Edit: BTW, who could resist making 'faces' in the chrome 'boobs' on the front bumper?

Posted on: 2011/10/10 18:02
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
bhappy Quote:
I have to ready my Packard for the 2K mi. trip. I don't like the idea of getting stuck in BFE.

Look upon it as an adventure. When I bought my 55 Pat I drove it from Portland, OR (point of purchase) to Las Vegas, NV (residence, 1100 miles) with only 1 problem which was due to the stupid prior owner (battery installed neg ground when 55 was pos ground causing battery failure).

Didn't you change out the BTV on your car? So, you should not worry about catastrophic brake failure. Anything else that breaks would be an adventure and I'm sure you would have plenty of help on the road, if needed. Just allow enough time.

Despite some of the complaints about original equipment posted here (me included), Packards are quite reliable. If you drive it, be prepared for many, many "thumbs up" on the road and get your smile muscles ready!

I plan on being at Laughlin, although I will commute, not stay overnight since I'm more or less a "local". I look forward to meeting you and your Packard.

Craig

Posted on: 2011/10/10 18:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
bhappy Quote:
Edit: BTW, who could resist making 'faces' in the chrome 'boobs' on the front bumper?

I believe the correct nickname for those pointy things is "Dagmars". But you're right about them being irresistible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagmar_bumpers

Craig

Posted on: 2011/10/10 18:27
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
You guys are great fun and I'll enjoy meeting all of you there.

Posted on: 2011/10/10 18:33
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'll agree with Craig. My 56 Executive is a very reliable car. It took a month or two to work out the bugs that the previous owner was responsible for. Even the lifter clatter issue that lasted 3 or 4 years off and on never stopped me from driving the car. It just annoyed me off and on.

I've never driven it on a 2K mile trip but i have driven it over 25K miles over the last 12+ years and it has never left me stranded except ONCE and that was due to MY fault. Most of my driving and i'm sure Craigs driving is at the 60 - 80 mph sustainedd levels.

I have driven it on 400+ mile round trips on several occasions sometimes all in less than 1-1/2 days.

Don;t fear old iron. Just drive it.

On a different note i believe it was Owen Dyneto that started a thread about a year ago to list items needed to carry as 'spare parts'. It's a good idea even on a NEW car. Not much point in leaving parts at home sitting on a shelf if a breakdown out on the road should occur.

Maybe we should all review OD's thread now. Maybe can't carry it all but there is always a few essentials that i will NOT leave home without. Or it really bothers my conscience if i do. Even if driving long distance in a BRAND new car it bothers me not to have a few essential spares. ESPECIALY those god forsaken electronic control modules and computer controled nonsense.

Here it is:
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3199&forum=4&post_id=33366#forumpost33366

Posted on: 2011/10/10 22:01
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved