Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 182

PennyPackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Head gasket replaced but have questions.......
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Thanks for the info Tim. I just came in from installing/ torquing the head up. I really believe that the last one to change that head gasket, never retorqued it after initial heat up. The gasket that came off looked fairly new with the exception of the blown out section. Even after torquing it the first time, I went around again and was able to turn the nuts again before reaching the torque spec a second time !
I tried to start it but my battery just didn't have enough in it to kick over. That will be the priority tomorrow.
I have no reason to believe that it won't start, just need more juice........

I appreciate all that have replied, advised and ribbed (GearRat) LOL

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/5/31 22:49
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Re: Head gasket replaced but have questions.......
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
LOL!... Glad to hear you came away from that head gasket job with only some busted knuckles! There really isn't a way to avoid getting hurt doing that job yourself...LOL

-GearRat

Posted on: 2012/5/31 22:55
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved