Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
320 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 320

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 1955 Clipper sedan may be in a new movie. It will probably appear in a new Tom Hanks produced movie for HBO about the Kennedy assassination, Parkland, which is being filmed mostly in Austin. It was filmed in a scene were Oswald's mother is driving down a residential street and hears on the radio about the event. She becomes excited and runs the car into a curb. The Clipper was parked in a nearby driveway. The 1955 Oldsmobile that was being used as the mother's car overheated and could not be used for the final shot from the interior, so they used the Clipper. There were many other 1940s 50s and 60s automobiles staged parked on the street and in driveways. The Clipper is the only one to have its exterior and interior filmed. The Clipper saved the scene. Interesting watching the whole process. It took over two hours of set up and rehearsing to do what is only to be a 22-second scene.

(o{}o)

P.S. Jacki Weaver, from Sydney, plays Oswald's mother. I got to visit with her and have a photo take of us. Eat your heart out, Mal.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 17:26
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
JW wrote:...P.S. Jacki Weaver, from Sydney, plays Oswald's mother. I got to visit with her and have a photo take of us. Eat your heart out, Mal.
John,

I'm impressed and envious. Been watching Jackie here since the '60's. She's come a long way since this with Allan Sherman some 50 years ago!

Posted on: 2013/1/25 14:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I posted the story along with some photos on my project blog: Adventures with a 1955 Clipper".

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/1/26 18:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Watched a bit of a quirky movie from 2008, late last night, that briefly featured a V8 Packard - "Revolutionary Road".

Near the end, after the wife (played by Kate Winslet) dies in the hospital, her husband (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) is seen running down the road past several parked cars. One of them appears to be a white/black 55 Packard - a 400, I think. Because the scene was rather dark, they must have felt that they could repeat it for dramatic effect, as he appears to run past the same car multiple times.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Gator wrote:
I know this is going way back but I'm pretty sure that I spotted Big Kev's '54 on TV in an old movie I was watching on TCM (Turner Classic Movies)over the Thanksgiving Holidays. Yepper...it was a movie called "Down Three Dark Streets"

Of course I was kidding about the car being Big Kev's but I ran across this website showing several photos of street scenes from the "Down Three Dark Streets" movie including several shots of the Packard Clipper that according to the IMCDB, should pretty much qualify it as a characters vehicle or a vehicle being used as part of the movie. The photos shown are simply comparing then and now shots of Los Angeles but the Packard was depicted in the movie quite a bit more. I can't believe thay don't have the movie listed under the Packard Badge.

http://dearoldhollywood.blogspot.com/2011/12/down-three-dark-streets-1954-film.html

Posted on: 2013/2/12 12:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

"...In The Simpsons Episode "The Trouble with Trillions" Homer, Mr. Burns and Smithers are in Cuba. Mr. Burns, in a way to show he is out of his time, notices "the new Packard we've been hearing so much about", although Packard stopped producing cars in 1958..."

[source: wikipedia]

Posted on: 2013/3/24 13:08
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
It happens every spring, 1949.

It had what looks like a1941 one-sixty coupe when Ray Milland leaves a jewlery store.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041514

Posted on: 2013/4/1 20:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Me and my Gal, 1932 Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett. A 20's car in the jail garage being worked on.

Posted on: 2013/4/21 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Me and my Gal, 1932 Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett. A 20's car in the jail garage being worked on.

At end of the film, what is the Phaeton with the Sarge in it?
The Packard in the prison garage has early New York State Police placard on side of car.

Posted on: 2013/4/21 21:24
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Tonight on TCM

City Streets 1931 Sylvia Sidney & Gary Cooper, a Packard sedan

Then

After the Thin Man 1936, Myrna Loy & William Powell, a Packard convertible sedan.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 22:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved