Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
184 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 181

humanpotatohybrid, TxGoat, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Non Packard--forgive me
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...When he parked it I put a strong cardboard tube between the clutch and seat to completely hold the clutch to the floor. Is that OK and what you guys meant to do?...

When mentioning the DKW Munga and the MacGyver trick I did it just for entertaining reasons. Sorry if I confused you. Such cars are made to live in the wild and such tricks are below the PackardInfo quality standards.

Click to see original Image in a new window
[picture source: www.up.picr.de]

A Cadillac prefers more civilized roads and repair methods. A stuck disk has reasons and the cardbord tube defends against effects. If the trouble returns you should get down to the root of it. If moisture is the reason then the car looks for a warm and dry garage. If dirt is the reason then the disc and the pressing plate need a cleaning. If old resiny oil residues are the reasons then it needs a cleaning and probably a new oil seal. Sticking grease remains require a cleaning and probably a new release bearing. If rust causes the disk to jam, then the gearbox drive shaft needs high-temperature grease.

Attach file:

jpg  (17.02 KB)
757_5206e2d6bc23d.jpg 500X443 px

Posted on: 2013/8/10 20:00
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved