Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: saved a 56 packard on its way to be scrapped!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Like the transmission, if the oil pump does not demonstrate any undesireable symptons then leave it alone. One of the very common symptoms is EXCESSIVE lifter clatter that mite come and go on a sporatic basis.
If that happens then i have a work around/diagnostic procedure to determoine that it is pump related.

Manual indicates oil pressure specs.

Does the car have a lever for gear change or push button???

Does the car have air conditioning????

Posted on: 2011/2/17 18:14
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How far is Somerset from Nashville or Clarkville???

Posted on: 2011/2/17 18:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

holidayjk
See User information
it is a push button, not sure if it has a/c. wont know til sat. when i get it from my uncles house and off the trailor in the garage. somerset is about 3 hours from nashville. around 2 hours straight east of bowling green, ky. on hwy 65/9008. also it its about 40 min straight north of oneida, tn. on hwy 27. if that helps. just fyi there is a huge old car show in somerset all summer. about 6 or 7 shows. oldies type bands great music. last year i think the biggest turn was 1680 cars, average about 1000 to 1200.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 20:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
A quick way to check for "Factory" A/C is if there are two rectangular lids or doors - one on each side on top of the dash. I believe you flip them open for the conditioned air to come out. The reason I put Factory in quotes is that Factory units were sometimes retro-fitted by the dealer service department.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 22:07
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

holidayjk
See User information
ill check on the a/c. there is a good chance i may not be able to get/find the title for the car. the owners are trying to locate it, but since the car was out of service so long they have not found it. is there a solution to this? i have obtained salvage titles in the past. but not sure if theres another way. considering my buddy was called in to scrap it there is no bill of sale or anything, i may be able to get one?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 22:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Getting a title on a car that old should not be a problem. There are title companies advertised in Hemmings that can get you one from AL or where ever for a moderate fee. Then you take that to the KY DMV and get a KY title. No problemo.

Craig

Posted on: 2011/2/17 22:51
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I would try to avoid going with a salvage title, if at all possible. Putting a car with a salvage title back on the road here in PA results in a "reconstructed vehicle" title, which negatively impacts resale value.

Why not ask the previous owners to apply to the state DMV for a lost title? Not sure about KY, but it's a pretty simple form/process, here in PA. Even if you have to pay the state fee for replacing the lost title, yourself, it's probably a lot cheaper than playing the shell game advertised in hobby circles for vehicles with no title.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 23:27
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

holidayjk
See User information
well they are "soppose" to be looking for it. and i already offered to pay for the new one and there time when i picked it up. im going to check back one more time but im pretty sure they really dont care lol. after all they did call a scrapper... and summer time is coming quick!

Posted on: 2011/2/18 8:00
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

holidayjk
See User information
are the ignition lock and trunk lock keyed the same?

Posted on: 2011/2/18 13:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No. Ignition and door on one key, trunk and glove box on other.

Posted on: 2011/2/18 14:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved