Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
287 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 286

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42) 43 44 »

Re: Don’s 1937 (120) 138CD Deluxe Touring Limo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Looks good! I believe the front engine support should also be painted to match the engine rather than black.

Posted on: 6/1 18:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
That could be, but that will be for another day. That’s in the low priority bucket for me.

Posted on: 6/1 18:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
I go t the water pump on with the new water distribution tube. Now, I just need to recruit the Three Hooligans again to get the front clip back on.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 6/2 11:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I'd tape heavy cardboard over the radiator to protect it. It's very close to the fan. Try to avoid twisting the front end assembly. Leaving the right inner fender panel off until the fenders are in place will make dealing with the lower radiator hose much easier.

Posted on: 6/2 14:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
Yep. I have cardboard ready. I actually won’t be putting either inner fender in just yet. I still have a couple rounds of running evoporust through the system and then flushing out again before calling it good in the coolant system. I’m also adding an in-line filter in the top radiator hose.

Posted on: 6/2 17:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Looks like great progress Don. Now that you have full visibility to the front of the block, can you identify areas of opportunity for leaks that would be below the water pump? As mentioned, I am in search of a leak, but can not find it, as I think i need to do what you are doing. I can confirm it is not the water pump, as it is dry, but can not see other areas. Figured, since you have it taken apart, you may be able to direct me?

Let me know here or PM

Posted on: 6/3 10:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
my guess is that the leak may not be below the water pump. In my case, I had a small leak in the top tank of my radiator. Even though I couldn't see any signs of the leak at the actual source, coolant was running across the top tank and then dripping down where the fan would then blow it all to the passenger side.

If you are just seeing coolant on the ground under the car, it could be coming from your overflow tube since the overflow in these cars just dumps on the ground. There is no overflow container as modern cars have.

Posted on: 6/3 10:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
Well, everything is ready for the front clip to go back on. The in-line filter is installed and the temporary cardboard is in place to protect the radiator. The only glitch is that the schedules of the Three Hooligans isn't quite aligning. It's looking like it may be the middle of next week before the clip is re-installed.

Posted on: 6/3 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Looking great though! I hope the evaporust helps you out - it did wonders for my block.

I cruised for 60 miles this weekend, speeds between idling at lights and 60 mph, no issues, car never got above 180 - 185F, and it was 85F out.

Posted on: 6/3 18:33
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation. Project blog / Registry

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015 Project blog / Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
Okay…I got two of the Hooligans plus one other and we got the front clip set in place. Then, I fought for several hours to get much of any of the bolt holes to align. I really thought that would go much easier than it did. Anyway, it’s on and all the bolts are in place. I do still have some aligning to do but it is good enough for now. Hopefully, I won’t need to remove it again until it’s time for body and paint work. That’s still a year or more off. Then, it will be up to them to get it all back together and aligned. It will have the new fenders then as well.

I do still need to put the hood back on but that will wait until next week. For now, it’s time to pack for a trip to Dayton for a week long group bike ride….averaging 50 to 60 miles each day for five days.

I’ll put the hood on when I get back and start the evaporust process in the cooling system. Hopefully, I’ll do as well as Ken_P at that point.

Posted on: 6/3 22:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42) 43 44 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved