Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

John Wogec, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Making better scans of printed material!
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I know a number of very thoughtful, sharing people provide scans of old Packads, which are fascinating.

Many suffer from moire effects, which generally show as crosshatching in screened images.

When you make a scan, scanner software often has a checkbox marked descreening or perhaps moire removal.

Some tinkering with these settings can remove much moireing.

If your software asks you for screen numbers, old newsprint usually is done at 65-85 dpi; publications on coated or slick paper are more likely in the 110-135 category.

Some moire may come from your monitor; if the pattern changes when the degree of enlargement changes it is likely that your screen is the problem---or adding to the problem.

I have added a cropped screen grab of what my software shows, with descreening circled in red.

Hope this helps!

Attach file:

jpg  (73.71 KB)
2488_50288ab8ece37.jpg 569X1006 px

Posted on: 2012/8/12 23:57
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved