Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 231

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pilot diameter for 56 executive (5672A) wheels
Just popping in
Just popping in

RailRunnerNM
See User information
I need to know the pilot (center-hole) diameter for my 56 Packard Executive (5672A) I am fairly sure about the bolt pattern (5 on 4.5"), but I am not near the car to check its original wheels. I was going to take a set of wheels and tires off my Dodge truck to use as rollers so that I can load it on my trailer to bring it back home to New Mexico.

If any of you could check the pilot diameter and post it for me (in inches or mm's) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

--Thomas

Posted on: 2012/10/21 22:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Pilot diameter for 56 executive (5672A) wheels
Just popping in
Just popping in

RailRunnerNM
See User information
Bumping...

Posted on: 2012/11/12 5:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I have 1980 Dodge picup (bottom of the line Dodge D100 picup) wheels on my 5672A parts car and have ran them on my running good driver quality 5672A. As for the actual pilot diameter i've never measured it. The 1980 Dodge wheels fit just fine with no modifications needed.

However, i would carry a rat tail file along just in case the wheel has to be opened up just .015 to .020". I'll try to take a look at mine this afternoon and get a measurement. IIRC they just drop rite on. But it's been over 10 years since i tried it. So it is possible i had to open them up a little bit but don't remeber doing it.

Posted on: 2012/11/12 8:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RailRunnerNM
See User information
I have a 1983 Dodge D-150 that I am borrowing from and the wheels are the same as the 1980 D-100 that you reference. Thank you for helping me with that dilemma.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 2:51
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RailRunnerNM
See User information
Update: The 83 Dodge wheels fit perfectly... No mods needed.

The Executive is currently on its way back from Pennsylvania to its new home in New Mexico. I was not able to go get it myself, but my mom and her mechanic friend took the trip with my truck and trailer. They are getting the "ooh and aah" treatment on the way back. It certainly has garnered a lot of attention.

The car is mostly intact. Couple of cracked door windows, but the windshield and back glass are intact and all of the trim is still on the car. There will be some body work to be done as I was told there was a couple of rust holes on the body. The drive shaft was already disconnected from the differential (Grandpa's doing some years ago) and the 352 V8 engine and Ultramatic transmission are still in the car. The interior seems to be in half-way decent shape and they found the original key in the ignition lock.

I will post pictures soon after it makes it back here. As of right now, they are in Dayton, OH at the Wright-Patterson Air Museum... admiring some other Packard's of that time... :)

Posted on: 2012/12/22 15:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved