Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 128

53 Cavalier, Don B, David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

47 Custom Super Clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
47 Packard Custom Super Clipper in solid #3 condition. I'm thinking a fair value is $13K-$16K. Am I close on this?

Posted on: 2012/11/1 11:31
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 Custom Super Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
hard to say at that level of detail

body style?
condition of interior?
chrome?

Posted on: 2012/11/1 13:01
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
sedan

interior nice condition original

Chrome is fair to good condition

Posted on: 2012/11/1 13:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
How about some photos of interior, engine , trunk and undercarriage?

Posted on: 2012/11/1 13:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Running?

Posted on: 2012/11/2 7:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
very good running condition, no pics but solid #3 condition with solid #2 condition interior

Posted on: 2012/11/2 13:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Jesse,
Since you have already determined condition, your next step would be to consult NADA and Old Cars Price Guide - no mysteries here....

Good Luck,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/11/2 14:35
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
Thanks! I found NADA and this other one:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1947/Packard/Custom-Super-Clipper-8/4-Door-Sedan/Values

http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/ccmprcs/47pacl_8.html

I assume(?) that NADA avg. represents a #3 car and the other value guide I found is around $22K off that price for a #3 condition. So it's either around $16K or $38K--maybe somewhere in the middle? Again, that's a huge difference. The car in question has great interior but avg. chrome and paint. Good mechanical condition. I think if I could buy it for $16K that might be a decent deal?

Posted on: 2012/11/3 9:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
I am not familiar with "collectorscarmarket". As I recall, NADA lists retail prices, which I presume means the price a dealer would charge or perhaps auction results with commission.
Any good magazine rack will have a copy of Old Cars Price Guide which I think is widely used, although values seem low for particular Packard models, especially Custom Supers, perhaps because they do not change hands often in the public eye.
Each guide has a pretty good description of their condition ratings.
And, just some friendly advice - if you haven't already, get the car up on a rack and check for rust, particularly in places where dirt accumulates, especially above the headlights at the fender splashers and behind the inboard sides of the rockers where the mounting brackets connect. Besides the major stuff, Make sure all the bells and whistles work, especially the OD, and a working rotary antenna is a plus.

Good Luck,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/11/3 12:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
That's good advice from Mark. Rust can be a problem in the areas he mentioned althougth it wouldn'd stop me from being interested in rust was minimal elsewhere. The fact that the interior is in "great condition" is a major plus if it is the original since it is almost impossible to duplicate if it needs replacing. Too bad you can't post photos but for the price you mentioned it may be a good deal if the mechanics and body check out to be in reasonable condition. They are magnificnet automobiles!

Posted on: 2012/11/3 16:24

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved