Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New Owner, New to Packards...Single Six, Photo added
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jim Mead
See User information
I'd like to add my car to the Registry, but I'm not sure of the nomenclature. I "think" that it is a First Series Single Six 133/225. 133" WB, 7 Passenger Touring, Wooden Wheels, 2 wheel brakes, battery under floor, tail and brake light combo. Engine Number *U19247*, "Serial Number" U19131A. The "Serial Number" comes from an old state Registration paper that came with the car. The builders data plate is missing. The car was/is registered with the engine number. Might I find that "Serial Number" stamped on the car, other than on the missing data plate? The car was/is now registered as a 1921.

This car, a remarkable survivor, was in the collection of the most noted collector in our County in the late 1950's until his death in, if I recall, the early 1970's. I well remember the car from frequent visits to the Gentleman when I was a High Schooler driving a Model A Ford. Never dreamed then, nor now, that I would ever be lucky enough to own such a fine car. It hasn't taken much at all to revive the car, Thank You, but I don't think that any of the prior owners really had her running right, based on the amount of dirt I found fully clogging the carb to intake manifold return line.

I'll have more questions, I'm sure and will be grateful for your help. Just got new tags today, so tomorrow should be very interesting!!

Jim Mead
Owego, NY

Posted on: 2013/9/14 1:18
 Top  Print   

Re: New Owner, New to Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Posted on: 2013/9/14 2:46
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
Welcome and I can't wait to see it.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 3:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Jim,
to PackardInfo, I too would like to see your Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry! However looking in the Model Info pages for First Series cars I didn't see a 133/225 combination.

I'd think forum member DavidM will see your post but, just in case, I'll give him a nudge in this direction. David, being a First Series owner, is very knowledgeable in this regard.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 5:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jim Mead
See User information
There's the rub RE: "Series" vs. number designations. Photo to follow soon.
Jim

Posted on: 2013/9/14 7:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome aboard Mr. Mead. Glad to have you and your Packard here. I look forward to seeing a pic in the directory.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 7:59
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jim Mead
See User information
I hope this is a picture.....

Attach file:

jpg  (40.51 KB)
18547_52348277b2be6.jpg 640X360 px

Posted on: 2013/9/14 10:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Jim: I'm envious, that looks like an outstand and unmolested car - here's hoping it gives you much pleasure.

I note you're from Oswego, NY. My grandfather and his brother arrived in Oswego from Germany in the 1880s, my Dad was born there, and I've visited many times, both as a youngster and more recently - enough to say I know the city reasonably well. As a kid I sailed thru the barge canal locks several times, toured the old hydroelectric plant when it was still functional. My grandfather was a foundry worker - Fitzgibbons. Just two years ago I was there for a funeral and toured the maritime museum. I believe I still have some distant relatives there. The old family home was 241 East 7th.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 11:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Dave, I think you got mixed up. You are talking about a total different town. Oswego is on lake ontario and Owego is west of binghamton. I used to live in the catskill mountains about an hour east of binghampton.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:53
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You're right, I looked too quickly.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:55
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved