Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
50 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 48

37Blanche, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1952 Mayfar 250 2 dr HT
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
I have just purchased a 1952 250 Mayfare 2 dr HT and it has 4 jet exht on the side of the rear fenders along with chrome spears on the top of the rear fenders.I thought the the 250 only came with 3 jet exht on the side of the rear fenders? I have just seen a picture of a 1952 Mayfare on the Pictures in this Packard web site and it also has 4 Jet exht on the rear side of the fender, but factory pictures show only 3, and I am confused!! please explain!!

Posted on: 2008/8/8 18:02
 Top  Print   

Re: 1952 Mayfar 250 2 dr HT
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good question! And a bit of uncertainty though others may come along with something more concise. Also as the louvers were an option on various models (build code FL) and as subsequent owners seemed to love to either delete them or add them, what's absolutely correct isn't clear to me. I've looked at the factory photos and comments in the Nat Dawes book which indicates that in 1951 they were std only on the Patrician (3 of them), and that in 1953 the Mayfair 250 pre-production picture shows 4 but in actual production they were deleted and the pre-production 1953 convertible also had 4 but states they were deleted early in the production run. The option list for 1951/1952 says they were standard on the 200 Deluxe, 250 and 400 and not available on the 300, though this could have been changed and there may be a dealer letter to that effect somewhere. The 1952 Patrician pre-production photo shows 4 of them. I suspect precisely what happened is lost to history, and of course anyone who wanted them could have a dealer install as many as he wanted. So I think you can do as you wish and find something to substantiate whatever choice you wish to make.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 18:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

johnlaw wrote:
I have just purchased a 1952 250 Mayfare 2 dr HT ..........

G'day johnlaw,

Great site here as you've found. Could you please add your Packard to the Owner Registry with a pic and known history? Also please add your details in the Members Directory, which is under Packard Directory?

Posted on: 2008/8/8 18:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I think what you're saying is true. My '52 250 has four "bottle openers" and I was told that many times owners wanted the fourth added at the dealership so it looked more "senior" like the 300.

Attach file:

jpg  (60.10 KB)
564_489cdd37dd58f.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/8/8 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Greetings and Big thanks, I had though the 1. the original owner add one on the rear side of the original. 2 As in some pictures I have seen a 52 with 4 on, and thought the factory might have had a mid year change, or 3. I and to picky and the cop mind in me is nutz, What about the chrome spears on the top side of the rear fenders are they factor add ons? ps this is one heck of a web site

Posted on: 2008/8/8 18:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
It's me again , I would like to add a exterior sun visor its it a big job and how would I go about locating one?

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Greetings I am the new kid on the block how do I go about posting a picture of my 52 on the site?

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is this the chrome piece you refer to? If so, it was used on some 53 model Clippers but would undoubtedly been available as accessory for older cars.

Attach file:

jpg  (29.25 KB)
209_489ce75e9002d.jpg 800X755 px

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Greetings and thank for you time do you think it was a dealership add on or the second owner added it, and is it possible to find a exterior sun shade and put it on ??

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

johnlaw wrote:
Greetings I am the new kid on the block how do I go about posting a picture of my 52 on the site?

johnlaw,

Save a copy of the pic or pic's you want to use on your computer, there are size constraints but I don't know what these are as mine usually work OK. Then when you're posting or adding your Packard to the Owner Registry for instance, click in the browse option, go the file you've saved your pic's in, and add them in one at a time, should work. Someone with more computer savvy may have a better explanation but if I can figure it out myself then you can.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved