Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 83

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Does anyone recognize this Twelve?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ian McGee
See User information
Does anyone out there recognize this beautiful Packard Twelve, which I'm told is a 1939 model 1707?

I live in Montreal, Canada, and every Father's Day they have a little car show at the local Veteran's Hospital to bring some cheer to some of the patients.

This year, I wasn't able to make it to the show, but a friend of mine sent me these pics of this beautiful Twelve that did show up. Unfortunately my friend wasn't able to find the owner and talk to him. Neither of us has ever seen it before.

I have a 1937 Twelve Club Sedan restoration project, so I'd really like to meet the owner of this one and introduce myself since it's so similar to my own car. I didn't know there were any other Packards around here, let alone a car that is so close to my own.

So, if anyone knows the owner, or if the owner himself reads this, please send me a message.

Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  (286.12 KB)
239_53a0c772f1e80.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (239.81 KB)
239_53a0c797b390c.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (197.55 KB)
239_53a0c7ae495ba.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (135.16 KB)
239_53a0c7d33482d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/6/17 17:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Does anyone recognize this Twelve?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Kansasboy
See User information
Looks like a 1707 Formal Sedan.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 18:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I believe that's Luc Lambert's car.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 22:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You could check the PAC directory for names of owners of this model who live in the Montreal area.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/6/18 9:24
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't believe Mr. Lambert is a member of PAC, though he is a member of CCCA.

Posted on: 2014/6/18 9:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks, O_D. Membership in the PAC is a valuable resource for many things about Packards, the Club, and its members. In addition, their publications are firs-class. A quick check shows one 1236 Club Sedan in Ontario. Did not see any 1232 Formal Sedans listed in Canada. Maybe the CCCA Directory will yield better results.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/6/18 16:39
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ian McGee
See User information
Thank you all (particularly Owen_Dyneto) for your replies! This forum is an incredible resource. Although I'm new to the Packard world, every time I've asked anything here I've had very helpful answers and learned a lot.

Now that I have Mr Lambert's name, I was able to go online and find a short article from 2011 about his car in one of the magazines from the Voitures Anciennes du Quebec, (the local antique car club.)

The article mentions where he lives, and it's only about ten minutes from my house! I'm new to Packards but I've been around the Montreal old car world in general for long enough that someone I know is sure to be able to put me in touch.

Thanks again, best wishes
Ian McGee

Posted on: 2014/6/18 17:23
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ian McGee
See User information
Just to close off this thread, I was able to contact Mr Lambert and see this car last night. It looks as good close up as it does in the photos. Although it's a 1939 and my car's a '37, I'm sure it will be very helpful to have it around as I begin my restoration project. It's an inspiration, and at the same time a bit intimidating as I realize how much work I have ahead of me!
Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Posted on: 2014/7/5 11:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved