Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Autolite Generator end frames - painted or no?
Just popping in
Just popping in

GasGiant
See User information
Getting ready to reassemble my Autolite GJC-6001A generator. I've searched Google images but didn't get a clear cut answer. Originally, were the end frames of these generators painted, or left bare? Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/9/18 6:56
 Top  Print 

Re: Autolite Generator end frames - painted or no?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Save me the trouble of looking it up, what years and models used the GJC 6001A unit. Pretty much impossible to find an original generator anymore to know with certainty, most all have been rebuilt once or twice and rebuilders are usually overly generous with the black paint. To hazard a guess I'd say with almost total certainly that those with cast iron end plates were painted and those with aluminum alloy end plates (like later Delco units) were left unpainted.

There is info about the various correct finishes to the brush band covers and other details in the PI engineroom judging manual.

Maybe someone can give you a more definitive response.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 9:28
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved