Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Steering wheel parts for '39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I have checked out the 'usual suspects' online, in trying to come up with a hub cover and horn ring for my '39 Six with no luck. Does anyone out there know where I could find either the parts or even a replacement wheel would be an option. I have to stay true to the '39 banjo style, so realize I am dealing with limited options.

Attach file:

jpg  (250.66 KB)
121627_57438963d17e2.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/5/23 17:51
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Re: Steering wheel parts for '39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Just to follow up and advise anyone interested, I did find the center horn button for my '39 Six, which ended up being one of the last orders to go in to Yesterday's Radio before they cease operations at the end of this month. The horn ring itself is virtually extinct as most of them ended up broken like mine. I will try scouring some junkyards and auto-wreckers and see if I can find a like-ring-profile with the same radius and possibly look at welding the broken piece back in and then chroming the result. Still, if any new readers can help point me in a better direction, it would be hugely appreciated.

Posted on: 2016/6/1 16:18
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved