Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 126

humanpotatohybrid, Greg, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Flex fan on 120
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ks114
See User information
Hi guys, Got a quick question. I have a 1940 120. Going down the road, the temp runs about 160-170. In town and at stoplights however, the temp can creep up to around 200. Do you think it would help to install a flex fan? Has anyone here done this? Part number? Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2016/8/15 8:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Flex fan on 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
when was the last time you flushed the system? has the radiator even been boiled or recored? is the timing set correctly?

Posted on: 2016/8/15 10:38
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ks114
See User information
Radiator is in good shape, timing is correct. Like I said, runs nice and cool going down the road. Just noticed that it warms up a little in town at stoplights. I was just wondering if moving a little more air might help.

Posted on: 2016/8/15 12:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I would think a flex fan would help. Finding one that will fit may be a problem. Make sure you get one that will fit the water pump shaft.

I installed an after market flex fan on my 55 Clipper. The center hole in the fan was smaller than the outside diameter of the pump shaft. I got some thick flat washers to space out the fan far enough to clear the shaft. The fan bolt holes were fan shaped, so the fan was self-centering. It worked great, smooth, and no wobble or vibration. It was a 6-bladed fan and moved a lot of air.

You might try a fan off of a Super 8 356 engine. The stock fan for these engines is a 5-bladed one. It looks a bit strange, but works great. Problem is they are hard to find and expensive.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/8/15 17:00
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved