Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 129

Todd W. White, Don B, acolds, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Mice
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
Has anyone ever had mice in an intake manifold blocking fuel from getting to cylinders?

Posted on: 2018/2/22 21:59
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

Re: Mice
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't say I have heard of them in the intake manifold but they can get thru some tiny openings and into the damndest places.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.34 KB)
209_5a8f8a096ffb8.jpg 664X533 px

Posted on: 2018/2/22 22:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
Wow...I've never seen that!!I'm not getting fuel to two front cyl...I'm at a lose...firing good good compression

Posted on: 2018/2/22 22:46
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Not on my Packard but on my 1967 international I had a mouse nest on top of the carburetor in the air filter. Needless to say the carburetor needed a rebuild but it runs fine now.

Posted on: 2018/2/22 22:50
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
I could c that!!I just did a head gasket..didn't c anything in valve area...guess I'll keep look n!

Posted on: 2018/2/22 22:59
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
When I was a teenager in the 1960s, I bought a 1941 110 engine that had been sitting in the factory crate that originally held the engine that replaced it, and it had so much mice damage that the pickup unit was just a stub of the pipe and the pan had more holes than steel. Fortunately I had replacements for those parts but it rather worried the shop working on it.

Posted on: 2018/2/23 1:06
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
I guess I'm gonna pull the carb and do a borescope...I just don't c how a mouse house could survive all the running I've done on this engine...how else could no fuel get to two cylinders...all looked good doing head gasket

Posted on: 2018/2/23 7:45
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
ok...did a scope on intake to cyl 1 and 2.found no mice!...however,i have another question to those of u who know.is there supposed to be a hole between the bores in intake under carb?this looks to be where the vaccum line comes in off the side like it was machined to deep and got into the both bores..is this normal?.no fuel getting to front cylinders..thanks yall!

Posted on: 2018/2/23 9:12
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've not followed everything in this thread so forgive me if you've already answered this, but did you recheck the compression after replacing the headgasket?

Posted on: 2018/2/23 9:26
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
no..i did not...would low compression keep fuel from getting there?ive never seen this on other engines...even worn out ones still run,,this motor runs great no smoke,but have not done compression check..only pulled plgs..good compression comming out of plug holes...all looked good with head off..i know thats not the best way to tell but all were uniform,no scoring of walls or anything..

Posted on: 2018/2/23 9:51
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved