Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Whereabouts of Architects Benjamin Marshall's' Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

BenMarshallsPackard
See User information
Wondering if there is a way to find out if this car is still around.

Photo of car came from an article first published in The Packard Magazine for Autumn 1927. Custom body was created by Architect Ben Marshall. Paint job described as "a bilious yellow and green."

His studio/home is in the background. Now demolished.

Attach file:

jpg  (257.35 KB)
175058_5ad90be5476dd.jpg 1537X1824 px

Posted on: 2018/4/19 16:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Whereabouts of Architects Benjamin Marshall's' Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Interesting custom body, a four passenger convertible Victoria at the advent of that style in the U.S. The Waterhouse Company is generally credited with introducing and popularizing the style, which was a specialty of Van Den Plas. The cycle-fenders with step-plates was popular on sporting-style customs from the WWI era to the end of the 1920's.

By the radiator shell without inside cusps, its a 336 or 343 Eight. I defer to the '20's expert to fill out the details. Hope it still is extant.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (87.50 KB)
409_5ad9d4f619b5c.jpg 1073X632 px

Posted on: 2018/4/20 6:57
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BenMarshallsPackard
See User information
"Best on the Packard chassis could this self-designed creation of Ben Marshall fit, to give the distinction desired by those who prize the rare possession of a custom body, whether of their own design or by the masters of coachwork who build for Packard." The Packard Magazine 1927

Bilious yellow and green? An early Packer fan?

Attach file:

jpg  (168.87 KB)
175058_5ad9d90f7a71a.jpg 1920X1002 px

Posted on: 2018/4/20 7:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I can't say I like the cycle fenders, if they would be flowing with a little rake on the windshield the car would look much better in my opinion. Maybe someone with more time & computer skills can change the picture to see what that would look like.

Posted on: 2018/4/20 7:49
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved