Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Column shift to floor shift conversion
Just popping in
Just popping in

Chas
See User information
Hi,

Has anyone converted the column shift to a floor shift on a 1941 Packard 110 3 speed?

Thanks,

Chuck

Posted on: 2019/6/4 17:11
 Top  Print 

Re: Column shift to floor shift conversion
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe it was around ten years ago Peter Toet wrote and posted an article on converting a column shift overdrive transmission to a floor shift. I don't know if it is exactly what you had in mind or answers all your questions but maybe it will give you some ideas. I believe he still posts occasionally and could probably answer any questions if you send him a PM.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 620.08 KB; Hits: 102

Posted on: 2019/6/4 19:06
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I bought a Mr. Gasket 3 speed floor shift conversion when I put an R11 OD in my 38 but I wound up doing Peter's method instead. I never tried to set up the Mr. Gasket unit so I don't know if it will work. $25 plus shipping and it's yours, I live in Coventry RI.

Attach file:

jpg  (269.52 KB)
551_5cf7985aee4c3.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (307.20 KB)
551_5cf7988b86f51.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/6/5 5:25
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
If you go the Toet route, I can provide a 35-37 floor shift trans top for $75 plus shipping.

Posted on: 2019/6/5 7:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
My 1941 Henney-Packard had an earlier floor shift in it but the top from a 1940 wouldn't fit. The bolt pattern was the same but the arms were different in width as I recall.

Posted on: 2019/6/5 10:55
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

PackardSpeedster
See User information
Hello, I am having trouble opening this PDF on the column to floor shift Toet conversion. Is there another way I can access it? Thank you.

Posted on: 2022/5/19 12:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are referring to the article mentioned in the second post it appears to have been another file that was corrupted or link broken when the migration to the new server was made last year.

Here it is again.

Attach file:

pdf FloorShiftConversion.pdf Size: 620.08 KB; Hits: 98

Posted on: 2022/5/19 13:03
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
With respect to the recent sever migration and difficulties opening PDF files;

My experience is the file content is all there, as is the file name, but the extension has been changed from ‘PDF’ (Portable Document Format) to ‘PHP’ (Hypertext Preprocessor code), likely during the migration. Download the desired file and open with the ‘open with’ option. Select whichever PDF reader is available . . . likely an Adobe product. Thankfully the data is still there . . . at least for the files I’ve reopened.

dp

Posted on: 2022/5/19 13:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You are correct. The data is still intact on the file from post #2 so if already downloaded just needs the extension changed back to pdf. My download entitled itself dl_attachment so that could be edited back to floor shift conversion. Interesting how the migration messed up things from completely losing most if not all photos from many posts in some of the early threads to only changing names or the file extension of items in others.

Posted on: 2022/5/19 13:40
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

PackardSpeedster
See User information
Thank you all very much. I can see it now. This was very helpful. I have an R9 column shift overdrive transmission that I would like to switch to a floor mount shifter if possible. Did I see someone mention they may have a top shifter plate shifter and forks for sale that would work?Thank you.

Posted on: 2022/5/19 14:41
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved