Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

LS1 Powered Packard could be worlds fastest ???
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jonathan
See User information
So I took my build down a different road, I decided to do an LS1 swap from a 99 vette. No need to tell me how ignorant I am for this my father reminds me weekly. So I started with a pure 54 Clipper Panama. After driving it for a few weeks I just thought what if it had more power and a better suspension and could stop when I applied the brakes. So out with the old and in with the new I removed the inline 8 and transmission and replaced it with an all aluminum 5.7 liter fuel injected engine mated to 4l60 automatic transmission. This required more than just a few new parts, I replaced the fuel tank, radiator, wiring harness, relocated the battery all new fuel lines, basically everything but the sheet metal. Next I measured twice and cut once and replaced the rear axle with one from a 2001 ford explorer which now gave me rear disc brakes, I set the suspension up as a 4 link style and installed air bags with custom mounts/ I installed the tanks and pumps in the trunk along with the battery. The front suspension was a mustang II style that also included front disc brakes, I used a hot rod style master cylinder and mounted it to the frame below the floor pan. The wheels are from Detroit Steel wheel co. Mobsteel wheels still working out the kinks and getting ready to install the vintage air.

Attach file:

jpg  (485.04 KB)
211769_5ecd46db40909.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (349.26 KB)
211769_5ecd46fc22572.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/5/26 11:44
1954 LS1 Powered Clipper Panama
 Top  Print 

Re: LS1 Powered Packard could be worlds fastest ???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
Have any trouble mounting the 4L60 to the vette engine? C5s have the rear trans-axle. More pictures of the build would be nice.

Tinman_70

Posted on: 2020/5/26 12:19
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved