Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

kevinpackard, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

120C conv. hinge pin removal
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

bgalla
See User information
I'm in the process of restoring a 37 conv. coup and need to remove the doors. The lower screws seem to be solidly rusted and despite using all the tricks I know---no luck. Like wise on the hinge pin. It will not budge. The running board is off so I can give a good rap to it. Any sage hints??? thanks Bruce

Posted on: 2020/4/27 13:15
 Top  Print 

Re: 120C conv. hinge pin removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
If you can give the pin a solid rap from below to move it a 1/4 inch,it will move out easily as the top of the pin has about a 1/4 inch of serrations on it to make it hold fast.

Posted on: 2020/4/27 14:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I got mine out quite easily, I had experienced these darn things restoring my nephew's Model A. After trying many ways including heat I tried my air chisel with the small bullnose point bit. There is a slight dimple on the bottom of the pin that allows the bit to seat nicely then the air hammer action smoothly drives it out. It was nice that on the 120 they only has 2 instead of the 8 on the Fordor!

Posted on: 2022/1/6 19:27
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bullsh--ter
See User information
Ihave removed hinge pins by welding a small bolt an a C calmp and spacing the top with a nut. This enables you to put maximum pressure on the pin and apply heat if neccesary

Posted on: 2022/1/6 20:40
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved